With Easter fast approaching, resisting eating a whole bunch of chocolate is becoming more difficult by the day so why not try a healthier version of chocolate truffles for a sweet treat that still tastes great! This recipe from guest blogger Mia Manual uses Medjool dates, cacao powder, and agave syrup to sweeten these delicious vegan truffles.
Mia’s blog at truffleaddict.com has everything you need to know about truffles and a heap of truffle recipes: there are gluten-free truffles, paleo truffles, date sugar truffles, dark chocolate truffles, and many more!
“There are plenty of ways to make excellent vegan truffles, but with this recipe for healthy chocolate truffle balls, you’ll never need to go looking for another method! This is a simple and delicious recipe that includes tons of healthy ingredients that are sure to make a difference in your snack time. Try it with lots of different toppings to create unique, delicious truffles every time.”
Cacao & Medjool Truffle Balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Difficulty: 3
1 cup almond flour
2 cups large Medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup flaxseed meal
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup agave syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
Unsweetened shredded coconut or more cacao flour to coat
1. In a large blender or food processor, add dates, almond flour, flaxseed meal, cacao powder, chia seeds, agave syrup, and almond milk.
2. Pulse on high until the dough comes together, then place in a small bowl.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
4. Place chia seeds or other toppings in a small bowl.
5. Roll balls into chia seeds and place on a lined baking sheet.
6. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
7. Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container.
For more recipes check out truffleaddict.com