This is a delicious mustard, perfect served with ham.
Green Peppercorn Mustard
- ½ cup yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, rinsed (you can buy big jars of these at Asian supermarkets, bulk bin stores and Indian grocers)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup white wine vinegar (tarragon or rosemary are good too)
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand in a cool place for two days. Don’t leave it any longer, as I once did, or it goes off and tastes dreadful! In a blender mix the mustard until you have a coarse paste. You may need to do this in batches. Mix the blended mustard well and spoon into small, clean jars. Melt over some sealing wax, filling right to the top of the jar.
© Wendyl's Green Godess