This is a wonderful salt which is great tossed through vegetables before roasting, or sprinkled over tomato on toast. These little jars make great gifts and make sure you keep some yourself because you’ll use it a lot!
- 4 heaped tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 4 heaped tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 heaped tablespoons fresh oregano or marjoram
- 12 peeled garlic cloves
- 500 grams sea salt
- Finely chop the herbs and garlic. Mix with salt in a large bowl and let stand for 24 hours at room temperature to dry out. (the smell in your kitchen is amazing!)
- Place in an airtight container. Use this salt to season pasta sauces, sprinkle on tomatoes on toast or mix with some pepper and Parmesan and sprinkle over buttered french bread, then lightly grill.