I can guarantee that once you have made and tried these you will never use anything else. You can make them in separate little jars – they make great gifts – or I fill a large Agee jar and use them as I need them. The longer you leave them brewing in the jar, the better.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 3–4 lemons
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 to 8 dusters (made from old towels, nappies or sheets)
- Mix equal quantities of water and white vinegar in a bowl.
- Add lemon essential oil, soak your clean dusters in the bowl for a few minutes and squeeze so that they are damp.
- Peel the rind off the lemons and lay a couple of pieces on each cloth.
- Roll up cloths lengthwise, then roll the other way into a ball.
- Place these in the jar one on top of each other, throw in the occasional extra piece of rind and screw on the lid.
- Take the dusters out when you need to use them, and if they aren’t too soiled you can roll them back up and use them again.
- The smell in the room is divine.